Friday, January 30, 2009

Higher Than High!

I thought I would pop this blog's cherry with something uplifting. Metric's fourth studio album Fantasies finally has a release date. April 14th. That still sounds ridiculously far away. The tracklisting is pretty much what Metric fans expected-- especially considering Metric just took part in the Jingle Bell Rock tour and played most of their new material-- with the exception of "Black Sheep" no longer being part of the album.

I was about to slit my wrists and put on My Chemical Romance but then I read that the song will be part of the upcoming soundtrack to Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. That's fun. Brian Lee O'Malley in his livejournal talked about how Emily Haines was the inspiration for Scott Pilgrim's ex-girlfriend Envy Adams. So its very full circle-y.


Emily Haines doing her best Envy Adams impression.
Image from Brian Lee O'Malley's site.


It's a good time to be a Metric fan. Can't wait to see them during the summer!

Tracklisting for Fantasies

1. Help I'm Alive
2. Sick Muse
3. Satellite Mind
4. Twilight Galaxy
5. Gold Gun Girls
6. Gimme Sympathy
7. Collect Call
8. Front Row
9. Blindness
10. Stadium Love

Listen to Help I'm Alive here
Slight Update: Click here to download a complete acoustic version of "Help, I'm Alive" for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment